If you’re planning a safari to Tanzania, I don’t recommend having Max and Elly help you pack.
I made the mistake of telling them on Tuesday that we were going on a family safari on Friday. They’ve been preparing every since.
This morning they insisted on packing the Land Cruiser for the trip.
Keep in mind that we are doing a day trip to Tarangire National Park. We will be gone for 12 hours at most.
Here’s what they’ve packed so far:
- Every pair of shoes they own, including their new rain boots from Aunt Carla and their now-too-small tennis shoes.
- Two belts.
- Two rain hats (also from Aunt Carla).
- Two caps (souvenirs from their trip to Henry Doorly Zoo last summer when we visited the States).
- Every apron Grandma has made for them, about 12.
- They attempted to pack Anita’s flip flops but she retrieved those since she had only taken then off momentarily when they picked them up to pack in the Cruiser.
I guess they’re leaving it up to me to remember to pack food, water, and the camera.